Appliances (or workstations, as they used to be called) are items that the player can buy and build in Out of Space. They serve various purposes and can be acquired both at closed rooms or from the shop. Some may require a power outlet.
POWERED APPLIANCES[edit | edit source]
- Pumpkin garden: issued upon game start. Produces Pumpkins. Requires water periodically.
- Shower: removes Dirt when character is covered in it. Un-cocoons a cocooned player when carried into the shower by another player. Can also be used to fill up buckets.
- Macrowave: turns Pumpkins into Salad and Aliens into Chicken.
- Mixer: turns 5 organics (Pumpkins, Aliens, Salad, Chicken) into a Battery.
- Refrigerator: stores 20 items (food, stunned Aliens, dismantled appliances, trash, buckets, mops, cleanbots).
- Exercise bike: generates 3 Cash per tick at the cost of Hunger (2%) and heavy Fatigue (11%).
- Television: regularly provides Discounts (around 40%) for random items at the Store.
- Lamp: reduces speed of aliens in the room and makes them attack lamps before anything else.
- Cleaner robot: robot that roams the ship and cleans Goo as it moves. Does not stun Aliens.
- Chef bot D2: robot that moves food into microwave and from microwave into fridges and tables. Does not pick stunned Aliens
- Watering bot R2: robot that moves buckets to faucets and sinks then washes players, ducts, appliances and waters plants.
NON-POWERED APPLIANCES[edit | edit source]
- Recycler: issued upon game start. Turns bagged garbage, stunned Aliens and packaged items into Cash. Can be used to un-cocoon a player, but will be dirty afterwards.
- Armchair: Recharges Fatigue at slow rate.
- Couch: Recharges Fatigue at a faster rate.
- Bed: Recharges Fatigue at the fastest rate.
- Sink: fills the bucket with water.
- Table: can keep 3 items. Food doesn't expire. Stunned aliens doesn't wake up.
- Kitchen table: can keep 4 items. Same as table.
- Rug: protects a 2x2 area from Alien Goo. Goo still exists below it and can grow out of it.
- Plant: passively recharges Fatigue in a room.
- Bookshelf: speeds up any powered Appliances in the same room.
- Nightstand: doubles efficiency of Couch and Bed in the room.
- Family portraits: When player eats, it recharges hunger of other players.
SPECIAL[edit | edit source]
- Dog: needs to be fed with Pumpkins or Aliens. Constantly follows the player. Barks and stuns aliens.
- Battery: Used to power rooms. Either buy or produce with Mixer.
- Mop: Cleans goo and stuns non-flying aliens.
- Bucket: Transports water. Cleans goo, doors, ducts, removes alien eggs, stuns aliens (ground and flying).
- Quarantine spray: makes player, appliance, door or duct temporarily immune to goo. One-use item. Point and hold use-key. The effect will wear off with water.
- Outlet expansion: creates power outlet near existing outlet.