How to play guide for Out of Space
This page will serve as a basic how to play guide for Out of Space. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Basic gameplay[edit | edit source]
The core game loop is about cleaning and powering a space-house while staying alive. That implies that the players must eat, rest, clean, get batteries and avoid the alien goo in order to win.
Controls[edit | edit source]
Joystick or controllers are recommended for this game.
Joystick controls are positioned equaly across every controller type, following the reference image:
Keyboard and mouse controlls are currently:
WASD or Arrow keys, for moving and browsing the in-game Shop
- J, K, L for interacting, using and dropping (or Z, X, C)
- B to open or close the in-game Shop
- Q and E to change tabs in the Shop
- Tab key to see fatigue and hunger status
- Escape key to pause
- Enter/Return key to start match
Tips and tricks[edit | edit source]
- Do not rush. Clear out one or two rooms and set up useful Appliances such as the Microwave and the Bed before trying to clean the rest of the ship up.
- Before tackling a room, it is advisable to move Appliances such as the Sink and the Recycler to near the room's entrance in order to speed up room clearance.
- The Quarantine Spray is extremely useful. While it impedes any interaction with its target object, the Spray can save a lot of time and energy by temporarily locking down areas and/or protecting energy sources.
- Be careful to not leave Mops and/or Buckets inside dangerous areas. Retrieval of those might cost the game.